Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Study I Wasn't Supposed To Qualify For !!!

There REALLY are NO COINCIDENCES or ACCIDENTS!!

I didn't understand why I was so upset thinking of 5-days a week chemo. As turns out, it made hearing that I'd qualified for the this Overian Cancer Study a huge surprise and a blessing! Even if it means WEEKLY chemo for FIFTEEN (15) MONTHS!! Yes, friends... now that I've had the wits scared out of me by 5-day a week chemo ... 15 months seems like the most amazing, fantastical, stupendiferous news ever!! (Okay, perhaps not THAT good ... but almost.)

I wasn't supposed to qualify for the study because of my Stage T3B Breast Cancer 10 years ago. Turns out I've been  "cancer free" just long enough. It also means that I'll get the two drugs that Dr. Frederickson REALLY wanted me to have ... poisonous little dears that they are. OH, and because they are part of these protocols ... the drugs are FREE !!!! Another miracle :)

So, I won't start chemo until the Study papers are signed on Friday and one of the three protocols are randomly chosen. They'll install a port in my shoulder and a catheter in my abdomen. The two big drugs will be injected directly into the abdomen cancer site ... and the drugs that will make me go bald will be put into my shoulder. I've got a week's reprieve ... can enjoy the Friday & Saturday birthday parties I've been invited to. No drinking, but I promise there will be dancing !!!

Thanks, my beautiful Soul Posse ... you lifted me up to my truth today ... you allowed me to cry as my utter human self and express my hopes and my fears. Thank you for being on this journey with me. I'm crying right now because I'm so darned happy!!  You guys are amazing :)

As always, if there is anything that I can do on your behalf ... please let me know! I'm here, praying for your peace, joy and prosperity. And So It Is

Blessings,
Colista


www.Zazzle.com/Colista ~ Tshirts, mugs, key chains, buttons, business card masters & more :)
.

No comments: