Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Nurse, Chemo & Enlightenment


NURSE: At RC Regional they assign an oncology nurse to remain with you all day. Her job is to administer chemo and be wonderful. She lovingly answers questions, listens and imparts her wisdom regarding who thrives and who, for many reasons, can fall away and give up.

I was surprised to learn that there are women who stop treatment before it's completed. Nurse Pam said that these people, in general, are people who lack hope. They have no faith in this world and, therefore, no faith in this difficult process. They are upset that life isn't easy and that chemo treatments aren't pleasant. They lack a central foundation to build upon when things get tough. It's difficult to watch but she is amazing.

CHEMO: Over 6 hours Pam injected 7 bags of drugs & saline. The shoulder port is a miracle!! Easily accessed, no chemo burning veins and no stressed arm veins. Nurse Pam explained, in detail, what each bag was for ~ and allowed me to put my stickers ("God Is In The Chemo", "Love" and "Gratitude") on the port, needles, and hanging bags. It was a powerful experience to participate in this way. I felt like I was making a difference ... and, therefore, I WAS :0)

ENLIGHTENMENT: Pam and I talked about everything. My past, her family, the future of oncology and cancer treatment. We touched on quantum physics, faith, movies that make us laugh, and fear. It was the fear that made me cry. I am so very human and worry creeps into my human consciousness. It's unavoidable and is to be embraced. (Many of you watched my early a.m. December video... you were brave!).

There are 14 3/4 more months on the way. I will keep staying present in the experience. In 2010, I intend to go get Graphic Art & Design business. I'll join the Women's Business Network and make my talents known to the area. I'll be creating art to sell on Zazzle.com/Colista... and I'll be creating new jewelry for sale during this Summer's Sturgis Rally. I'm keeping busy and staying creative ... because that is where my heart soars!

I'm glad that I have this wonderful opportunity to soar! I can know, better than before, who I am ... and why I'm here. I'll keep finding ways to give back, to serve this community. I will not take without returning. I will not be filled without ladeling love back into the Universe. I will accept the harmony that these things can bring.

Many blessings and a Very Merry Christmas to you and your own! My prayers to the whole, world-wide Spirit Posse and those who stay quiet yet follow my journey. I hold you all in my mind as the healthy, thriving Divine Humans that you are.

Thank You!
Colista

.

No comments: