Monday, December 28, 2009

Fatigue & Faith

I've had a hard time starting this entry. I've erased the whole thing a few times. Why? Because, to tell the truth I'm very, very tired, and I simply dislike admitting that to anyone. For 6 years I've thoroughly enjoyed having an almost unending supply of energy to spare. Losing 187 lbs and getting rid of diabetes will do that! Today, I'm being affected by the chemotherapy and it's kicked my butt. I'm not happy about that fact, but it's the truth. I don't feel like I'm contributing right now. I'm sleeping more and doing less.

So, to stay sane ... I'm coming up with productive things to do even though it isn't easy to sit at my desktop computer. I decided to break out this netbook to write and update this silly blog. I'm sketching new designs and doing a bit of painting. I'm contacting people who may have logo design or graphics jobs that I can do from here. I'm simply trying to stay as busy as I can while taking care of my body.

Another thing that threw me for a bit of a loop ... The other day I learned that two of my friends were talking about the likelihood of my being able to overcome the challenge of a cancer diagnosis. My mind immediately went to the scenario of an office Football Pool ... "the odds that Colista will survive __ years or __ years." But then I realized that it wasn't that they were making bets. They both love me and were admitting to each other that they were worried about my health. I thank them for caring so much! They know who they are :)

My truth remains the same. I am cancer free! The first 5 months of chemo will prove that to the doctors. The CT Scan in April will amaze everyone. I know that I'm going through this to learn, to teach, to love and to be loved in return. It's powerful energy coming my way ... and I hope that I continue to let that energy flow out into the Universe towards those who are caring for me with their thoughts, prayers, meditations, reiki and love. I'll write more when I can ... until then

Take care, my lovely Spirit Possee!
May Blessings Abound!!
Colista

.

1 comment:

Christa Walderbach said...

Sweetie, we share a mutual friend who has recognized our connection in this great journey through health, healing, and life who was in tune enough to put us in contact with each other, and I have a feeling we will become very good friends!

I too am a cancer survivor....hit my 2 year mark at the end of September. I had Endomentrial and Ovarian, had surgery, and radiation. I didn't have chemo, and I completely feel for you having to go through that. I had radiation, and I can't even begin to tell you how fatigued it made me. It gets better - every day your body heals....every day your mind will get sharper and the things you are here to do will come more into focus!

I look forward to learning more about you and traveling with you on this journey where you are using your gifts to help you and others through!