Friday, February 5, 2010

Love Song ~ Haiku

Composing haiku
They often sound like love songs
Expressing good life
    ~ Colista

Wednesday night I woke up at 3am. As is my habit I got up ready to write down any thoughts that might have been speaking to me. For the very first time I had a song lyric going through my head. It is, however, no song that I've heard before:

     Why am I standing here?
     Why am I trying to make you a part of my past?
     When all I want to do ... is to hold you?

I gave the lyric to my brother, who is currently writing for his first album. He's also writing new thought music with his friend, Barry Ebert. I have no doubt that he won't use it ... he writes much better than I ever did. I'll just have to stick to my Haiku. Yes, I intend to keep inflicting my Haiku on the bloggosphere ... too bad!

Have a wonderful weekend y'all!
x

No comments: