Monday, November 2, 2009

An Ovarian Cancer Diagnosis

FIRST... I must thank everyone that has given me their good thoughts and prayers. Every effort is worth a million dollars to me!! Collectively we are more powerful… whether playing tug-of-war as kids or praying for miracles to the God of our understanding. Thank you for being the type of people who take the time to care (even if we’ve never met!!).

It turns out that the "appendix" attack may have saved my life. The ovarian tumor is 15cm (almost 6") across. It is pressing on, well... everything around it. Without having had a "severe reaction" to an abdominal pain I may not have gone for help. My doctors, bless them, were simply proceeding with tests based on the symptoms I provided. Thank God they did!! (Although the blood letting, prodding, poking and filling-out-of-forms wasn't my idea of Yeah-ville!)


My surgery is scheduled for this Thursday, November 6th, at 10:30 am (MST). I'll be at Rapid City Regional Hospital at 9:00 a.m. for surgery prep. The extent of the tumor's involvement in my abdomen isn’t known. Some decisions about what will need to be removed, (lymph node) dissected and biopsied will be made on the fly. There is, however, more good news... I get to have a hernia repaired that’s been causing me trouble for over 8 years!!


So, at 10:30 a.m., Thursday morning, please send up a special prayer for my female parts ;) (and, okay, my soul too... hehehe)... They, and I will appreciate all of your efforts!! If you don't have specific words of prayer... then just repeat The Lord's Prayer or Serenity Prayer on my behalf. I'll keep you posted in Facebook and Twitter... Communicating with everyone will be a pleasure as I recuperate...


Love & Blessings,
Colista

1 comment:

Rogers Park Vigilance said...
This comment has been removed by the author.