Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Clear Liquids & An Enema For Dessert

It's 5:30 a.m. and I'm wide awake. Laid in bed for 30 minutes talking to my tumor. We discussed how much it will have shrunk by the time the doc goes in to remove it. We agreed that it won't grow or become involved with my other body parts. It agreed to cause me no harm. I like the little tumor... so far, it's cooperating nicely with the white light treatments and prayer. "Good little tumor!" {pat pat pat}

Last night four of my bestest girl friends, Nancy, Cheryl, Chantelle and Linda, treated me to a wine & pizza party. We're each going through transitions in our lives and it was great to be able to share so freely and honestly with women that I trust. I hadn't had pizza in 8 months. I splurged because today it's all clear liquids and an enema for dessert.

Right now I cry pretty easily. But, as I shared with my friends, it's mostly because of a feeling of joy that keeps washing over me. The simple explanation, the one I'm willing to share in this public forum, is that I'm overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support from around the world. I'm used to helping others through these things... not being assisted in return. The personal notes, wall posts, comments and DMs on Twitter have given me ample reason to know that I'm not alone in this... and I cry like a baby {sniff}

I've cleaned the house, done the laundry, and set up my recouperation... wireless is working so my netbook will be able to get all of the comedies off Hulu that I can stand. Laughter is the medicine I need most! OH, so if you have any suggestions on any movies or internet stuff that will cause even the smallest giggle ... please post it on FB or DM on Twitter :)   Can't get enough babies laughing or kittens behaving badly!!

Well, back to sleep for a little while and then more clear liquids for breakfast. Everyone have a fabulous day and know that you are also in my thoughts and my prayers!!!

Blessings,
Colista

5 comments:

Formosa's Finest Photography said...

Colista- we wish you the very best, my dear. You keep pep talking to that tumor and we'll keep praying. May the force be with you, hun!! XOXOX LisaMarieSkar

Sherri said...

Hey mama - I will stop and think of you many, many times throughout the day. AND, I will hunt the funniest of the funny and send you the links. You're right. Laughter is healing and as bubbly and as much fun as you are, it's inevitable for you. xoxo

ceemarie said...

Colista - I always find your words and thoughts a daily inspiration. You have a lovely network of souls who will be supporting you through one of life's detours.

If you are looking for a movie for giggles I suggest "The Proposal" with Sandra Bullock,(I am not sure if it is out on DVD yet or not) it is laugh out loud hysterical.

From me to you, positive healing energy.

Your friend,
Cheryl Ahquist Bonn

JD said...

Hey, young lady! Just wanted you to know that I'm deeply inspired by your tenacity and exuberance in the face of current concerns. You're gonna be so well! Prayers are surrounding your every thought.

Oh, and stay away from the Jell-O. :)

Unknown said...

love. prayers. peace. trust. and then just more love.
from me to you.