Monday, July 12, 2010

the last cancer ...

In Feb. '98 I was diagnosed with Stage T3 Breast Cancer. After an 18 hr surgery, I got rehab for the muscles & tissue affected by the trauma. My relationship with my brother miraculously shifted to love AND I got my first REAL peek at my Eternal Soul and my love of ... let's face it ... breathing! Yet, I didn't have the age, experience or personal disciplines in place to maintain this fleeting connection to God, The One, The All.

While I recovered, I created art (like I am now), I learned how to create new jewelry (as I have this time) and I reached out to all of my family and friends (just as I have done each day of this leg of my journey). I grew in the exact ways I was supposed to grow ... and I progressed in my consciousness ... and I desperately wanted more and more education.

I bought books that confused me. I began with teachings far beyond what I could absorb. I attempted meditation without consulting with anyone who already made it a daily practice. I was lost in my wilderness of desiring more knowledge but having no avenue to truly achieve it. I didn't yet know that all I needed to do was ASK and the people would have appeared ... that was well beyond my understanding at that time.

After curing the breast cancer (or as the doctor's insist, putting it into "remission") I felt compelled to move to Denver, CO. My brother's family eventually lead me to Mile Hi Church, which isn't a church at all, but IS a school (The Holmes Institute). It was there that I FOUND LOVE! Little did I know that everything about this magnificent "religion", the people, the venue, the master teachers on staff and those they attract to them, the music, the arts .... would alter me eternally. Little did I know how much this would prepare me for this part of my journey.

From the continually unfolding Soul I am today, I lovingly look back on the perfectly insecure soul that I was 12 years ago. I love her faltering steps into conscious living. I adore her ability to start again, over & over ... asking questions and seeking teachers. I took every class I could get my hands on ... I read all of the books that were suggested to me. I meditated more (though not perfectly as some) and I learned more and more about loving myself first so that I could more boldly love others.

I know that my life is rich with the experiences that I continue to draw to myself. I believe that there is nothing that can stop me from living every one of the days that I am blessed to remain on this planet. With these beliefs in hand... I continue to call to myself master teachers in the form of books, audio cds, seminars, the rolling thunder, the wind, and those small still voices. I revel in my friends who are on this path with me ... allowing us to speak in a poetic short hand about The Universe, personal responsibility, the awesomeness of being human, and so much more.

I thank GOD for Facebook & Twitter because it has allowed me access to the minds of other seekers like me. They are finding wisdom for themselves and posting it here. You are experiencing joy, loss, fear and bliss and making a point to share it with everyone. We are on a journey in cyberspace where no knowledge is good or bad ... it is just there to be plucked out when we are ready to pursue it. For this and so much more I will remain grateful for FB and for ALL OF YOU !!!

What a gift! WHAT A RIDE !!!

Blessings, y'all,
Colista

13 comments:

Marcella Nordbeck-Richardson said...

Colista, you are SUCH an inspiration! Just keep doin' it!

Joanne said...

I was diagnosed with cancer three years ago. All I can say is that God lead me to all the right people who could help me and in the interum gave me a strength to face my cancer. Everyday I would shout telling those evil cells that they were not stronger than me. His love made me stronger than I had ever been before. God wanted me to stay put and that nothing earthbound would conquer His love for me. I am here three years later....and I am staying. You are a strong woman who I pray will never ever be afflicted again. Those cells are not stronger than you! Fight them with everything you've got! God wants you to stay! God Bless.

Courtney Biggs said...

You're a fighter! Awesome story! You are very inspiring!

Mersea said...

Colista, I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer a year ago in September and God saw to it I got some of the best Dr's to help me through it. And being the person I am, I wore costumes to each chemo session which made everyone laugh and feel a little bit happier. Cancer isn't anything to laugh at but you don't have to allow it to depress you and overcome your life either. that is my outlook and I am sticking to it! LOL But I do have my moments.

Unknown said...

I'm happy to visit your blog, really hope to become your friends so can view the latest content in your blog,
mens breast cancer symptoms
regards.

Unknown said...

Your blog is very nice I like to enjoy every pages,
own occupation disability insurance
regards...

Anonymous said...

Great blog very nice information i really like your post. Your article its so amazing. After reading your blog i am very helpful & i really thanks full your. Keep blogging.

Nayan Samodder said...

computer expat said..... this site is very good
all about pc

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

3A formidable share,Great blog very nice information i really like your post.

Unknown said...

fashionismydrug45.blogspot.com

alice cheryl said...

You are a Great fighter mrs. Colista Lich.. very few people fight breast cancer diseases. Dheeraj bojwani consultant are the best Healthcare tourism company in india. They Provide such surgery in very low cost as compare to other.

Gail said...

I hope this finds you well and forever happy.