Thursday, May 13, 2010

No Metastatic Disease !!!

IT IS OFFICIAL... the CT Scan results read, "...no evidence of metastatic disease what so ever!!!" My cancer is in remission!!! No cancer can be found in my body ... my CA125 number (which needs to be below 35) is now down to 7.6 from it's previous 9. WOOO HOOOO !!!!!!

Unfortunately, my doctor couldn't be as excited as I am. She cautiously said, "things are looking good at this point in the treatment," and "we have a ways to go, however, this is quite a good result." But her words aren't new to me. I heard the same tentative sentences 11 years ago when I was told my Stage T3B breast cancer was in remission.

I refuse to be anything but excited by this news and I'm WOO HOOING LOUD & CLEAR to let God know that this is the kind of news that makes me happy and makes my Spirit soar! This is what I want more of!!! Miracle news of being cancer free!! And so it is ... bring it on.

What happens now? I have to continue on the chemo maintenance protocol. Chemo every three weeks for the next 12 months. In that time, my hair, eyelashes and eyebrows will grow back. My energy will return and I won't have to worry so much about exposure to the sun. Such great news!

My first phone call was to my brother. We had a great talk about the miracle!! He then told me that this Sunday he's singing the song "Live Like You Were Dying" at Mile Hi Church. He reminded me that I have a choice to make. I can either embrace the life and attitudes that caused this dis-ease OR the new knowledge about my Spirit and my dreams that have lead to the healing. If I'm not vigilent I could find myself in the same rat race mentality. But I reminded Thom that I'm not the same person I was 6 months ago. And, with loving brother energy, he wholeheartedly agreed with me :)

I keep bursting into tears ... and then giggling ... and laughing all at the same time. I knew the truth before the words were spoken. And yet, I'm still shocked and surprised that all of the tests agree with my truth! I should say OUR TRUTH because so many of you have kept me in your thoughts and prayers. You've treated for me, done energy work on my behalf and simply thought of me on occassion. You've written me beautiful, supportive poetry ... put up with my haiku, and have kept me laughing and looking toward the future! You've encouraged me to follow my dreams .... to live like I was dying.

I love you all SO much! I can't repay your kindnesses ... except to live a full, long, big life! I'm following all of the dreams that have been fully formed during this time of upheavals, miracles ... and change.

There's more to come ... I'm not done sharing this journey!! Thank you for joining me. I'm glad to be here with you!

ABUNDANT BLESSINGS TO ALL !!!!!
Colista

3 comments:

Mersea said...

The gang at Blogforacure call this NED: No Evidence of Disease. At this point I am Ned, too!

GhettoNerdGrrl said...

I don't even know you and am happy for you. :)

ruzzel01 said...

A miracle! Be thankful you surpassed it.

arizona gynecologist